Stewed lentils with AlterVizo and vegetables
1 pack of AlterVizo
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 medium-sized potatoes
400 g of cooked pardina or beluga lentils (jar)
1 bay leaf
4 sprigs of parsley
Step by step:
- Peel the vegetables, wash them, chop the onion and fry it for 10 minutes over a medium-low heat in a pan with the hot oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the leeks and carrots into wide slices, cut the potatoes into medium-sized pieces, wash, dry and chop the parsley leaves and set aside.
- Add all the vegetables and the bay leaf to the pan, sauté everything together for 5 minutes, pour in water up to an inch over the vegetables, lower the heat and add salt to taste. Then cover and leave to cook for 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
- Add the lentils to the pot and mix everything together; if you prefer them soupy, add a little more water or stock. Separate 3-4 pieces of potato and 3-4 pieces of carrot, split them with a fork and add them to the pot to give body to the stew. Cut the AlterVizo into slices.
- Turn up the heat and when it comes to a boil, add the AlterVizo, cook for 2 minutes, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
• Splitting the potatoes is an old trick that is used to bring the starch out of them and thus give more body to a stew.
• You do it by making a small cut in the potato, usually with a knife, and then without removing it, pulling it towards you until the potato is split, thus separating it from the rest.
• The pieces will be uneven, and in this case we recommend they are bite-sized to shorten cooking time.
Vegan chorizo with all the flavour and texture of animal-based chorizo but a healthier nutritional profile. Made with La Vera peppers for a unique and authentic taste.
It’s a source of protein, iron and vitamin B12.
AlterVizo can be served in lots of ways. Check them out below.
|NUTRICION DETAILS||PER 100 G|
|ENERGY VALUE||846 KJ / 202 KCAL|
|OF WHICH SATURATED||1.8 G|
|OF WHICH SUGARS||0.9 G|
|FIBRA ALIMENTÀRIA||2.2 G|