Curry AlterSandwich and cheddar toastie
2 packs of AlterSandwich
Butter at room temperature
8 slices of sliced bread
8 slices of cheddar cheese
A few basil leaves (optional) or 1 tablespoon of mild curry
Step by step:
1. Wash and dry the basil leaves, mix a couple of tablespoons of butter in a bowl with a pinch of curry and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over a low heat.
3. Butter one side of each slice of bread and put the curry butter on the other side.
4. Open the AlterSandwich packs, stack the slices, cut them in half widthways, spread them on the side of the bread with the curry butter and then continue with the cheese, two slices for each sandwich, and some basil leaves.
5. Finally, cover them with the other slice of bread, melt a teaspoon of butter in the frying pan, turn up the heat slightly and brown both sides of each sandwich until golden.
• You can round it off by serving with a salad or vegetable chips.
• You can make the curry butter beforehand to give it more flavour. You can also vary the taste of the butter by flavouring it with other spices or fresh herbs, or give it a Provençal touch with dried Provençal herbs, add some thin slices of tomato to the sandwich or swap the cheddar for fresh goat cheese.
Delicious plant-based turkey-style slices made with soya, olive oil and egg.
A perfect alternative for making healthy, tasty vegetarian sandwiches.
|NUTRICION DETAILS||PER 100 G|
|ENERGY VALUE||762 KJ / 182 KCAL|
|OF WHICH SATURATED||1.4 G|
|OF WHICH SUGARS||0.9 G|